Lower back pain is one of the most common conditions that chiropractors treat on a daily basis. There are simple things that we all can do to help reduce the chances of experiencing lower pain. Most onsets of acute lower back pain are a result of trauma, improper lifting or bad posture. I have listed some simple things that we all should try to follow.
- Do lower back stretching and strengthening exercises 3x per week
- Be aware of your surroundings to avoid slips and falls
- When lifting heavy objects bend your knees, keep your back straight and let your powerful leg muscles provide the power
- Keep the weight close to your body. Extending the weight in front of you multiples the stress on your lower back
- When sitting, slide your bottom to the back of the chair and sit up tall and utilize the back rest
- When getting out of bed roll to your side, slide to the edge of the bed and tip yourself up with you arms and let your legs slide off the bed
- Avoid lifting and twisting motions ( ie. Throwing snow or dirt with a shovel)
- Wear proper footwear to support your ankles, knees, hips and lower back
- When lifting heavy or awkward objects get help. Two is better than one!
- Watch what you eat. If there is less of you to carry around that's good!
- Think be for you act. Proper planning can save you a lot pain and discomfort.
If you experience frequent or persistent lower back pain and discomfort give us a call at 952-931-9867 or text or you can fill out the adjacent form. Schumacher Chiropractic is here to help you regain your health!